Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Running hiatus

Elliptical machines make me feel like a rockstar - nowhere else can I run 5 miles in 20 minutes!  Hmmmmm, may have to check the settings on that machine, but for now I'm just going to go with it.

After the half-marathon a couple weeks ago, I felt ill for the next week (allergies + pregnancy + not being allowed to take allergy medications = sick Nora) and was then in Alaska for a week for my brother's wedding....so today was the first time I ran in 2.5 weeks.  : (

The nurse has told me that I need to be running on an elliptical now to save Baby any unnecessary bouncing.  She's not too thrilled that I'm going through with running the marathon on the 2nd of October, but only broken limbs will prevent that.  Plenty of pregnant women run marathons.  : )

So, the 300 mile goal may be a thing of the past, given that I'm still under 200 miles and have less than a month, but I'll still aim for as close to that goal as possible.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment