Monday, August 22, 2011

Yay for traditions!

Goodness the people who live in the Cities are a lot more fit than they are given credit for, I think!  On Saturday, as I ran 6 mi in preparation for the half-marathon yesterday, the Ragnar (a relay race) was going on, the 3-day "Walk for the Cure" for the Susan G. Komen people who research breast cancer was happening, and there were generally LOTS of people out moving!  Cool beens.  :)

Yesterday I ran the Minneapolis 13.1, a half-marathon that has been in Minneapolis for 2 years.  It was a blast!  There is something comforting knowing that you've been on the track before, there is an end, and other people are just as sore as you!  ALTHOUGH, I'm not nearly as sore today as I was the day after the race last year - I'm just sick because being married means sharing germs with your spouse and Dahmon was sick last week.

Time for the race: 2:28:09 - not bad, but a half hour slower than last year (which is understandable given my pregnancy).

PLEASE PRAY FOR HAITI - THERE IS ANOTHER TROPICAL STORM BEARING DOWN ON THE COUNTRY...IRENE.  IT NEEDS TO MISS HISPANIOLA (THE ISLAND HAITI SHARES WITH THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC)....PLEASE PRAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment