Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Oh baby!

Alright, so this running goal thing this summer is going to have to be adjusted.  Dahmon (my husband) and I just found out on Monday that he and I are expecting our first child sometime in March/April.  The nurses aren't sure exactly how far along I am yet - our first prenatal appointment is on September 8 and hopefully they'll be able to tell us then.  We know that we're in the first trimester though.  =)

So this running thing?  The nurse said since I was running regularly anyways and it was not a new stress on top of a pregnancy that it would be fine.  Babycenter.com says that exercise will help with delivery.  10:00 is going to be my bedtime from now on, especially since I want to get up to go to the gym nearly every morning, if nothing else in the last tri to go soak in the jacuzzi at the gym.  =)

BUT I am under orders to listen to my body/baby - I can't push time, if I get uncomfortable then running needs to end.  Baby explains, however, why my timing has been seeing a decline lately.

So excited!  But also so heartsick for the babies in Haiti who are worried about clean water.  Won't you please consider sponsoring my running this summer?  I'm still hoping to get as close to that 300 mile mark as possible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment