Sunday, September 18, 2011

Reality check.

So the doctors said I could keep running with this pregnancy as long as I felt alright.  Well, I do not feel alright.  I've felt incredibly run-down for the past couple of weeks.  Finally someone suggested that I quit running, and think about not doing the October marathon either.

=(

As much as I hate to admit it, running no longer brings time with God, peace of mind, and a sense of over-all well-being and general health.  Instead, running feels like I'm putting my body through a meat-grinder and I just feel all sorts of ick when done and for the rest of the day and the next.

I'm not a very large person, and don't have many energy reserves, and it seems as though my body is shouting "Wake up!  You're growing a baby, we need the energy you are running off!!"

So I'm done running for the summer.  =(  I am also, sadly, not running the October marathon.

Those of you who know me personally know how much I balked at the idea of quitting, as it is admitting that I am simply physically unable to do something...not an admission that comes easily by any means.  Arrrrrrrgh.......but this baby means more to me than keeping the 300 mile goal I set.

Oh well.  Baby and I will just have to run together when he/she is old enough and if he/she is interested in running.

Until then, I have almost a year to prepare for the Riverside Ragnar in Minnesota next summer.  Woot woot!  I'll be working on helping organize a team for that to take place next August.  I don't know what those race officials' rules are on running for a cause, but if they'll allow us and the rest of the team is interested (this is a relay race), then this will be for Haiti too.

BUT...here is BABY! (due April 10):

No comments:

Post a Comment