Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Warrior Dashing!!!!!!!

The race that got me into adventure racing...the Warrior Dash....is THIS WEEKEND!!

I am so beyond pumped, you have no idea!  Oh sure, I love the adrenaline rush of overcoming obstacles in a race, and races themselves, but there is another reason I am super excited...

World Wide Village is sponsoring the Warrior Dash!  We will have a booth and everything at the event! WWV will be there the entire weekend, talking to people about what WWV does and trips to Haiti (both our regular standard trips and our ADVENTURE TRIPS...more details forthcoming at a later date).  We have a group of people who are volunteering between 12:30 and 8:00 on Saturday, the 23rd and helping WWV raise money for Haiti!  You see, event organizers have said that they will give WWV a $1000 donation if we bring 25 volunteers to help staff the event.

Volunteering has rarely been more fun!  Volunteers for World Wide Village at the Warrior Dash will be responsible for overseeing obstacles (calling in medics if someone gets injured, bandaging boo boos, etc), helping in the parking lot, staffing the information booth, etc. It is going to be a blast!!


Have you gotten the hint yet?  We are still looking for volunteers!  If you are interested in volunteering and having a great story for your coworkers on Monday, let me know: nromness@worldwidevillage.org.  


Event organizers have also told me they are seeking people to volunteer 6:00-1:30 on Sunday...we'll get an even bigger donation in addition to what they are giving us for Saturday!!  DEFINITELY LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN DO THIS!  Yeah, I know it is super early, but I also know that a coworker and I will also be there at that time.


So yeah, come find us, say hi, volunteer at the event, and try not to laugh at racers too much when they splat face-first in mud!  =)

By the way, I promised pictures from the Go Commando race.  I've ordered my set, it isn't here yet, but I was able to locate this picture in the Facebook albums for the event -->

See what I'm wearing?  That's right--its a World Wide Village jersey!  The lovely people at PK Strong can print these jerseys for you for less than $30 (including shipping and handling).  They are awesome...I wear mine every time I run outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment