Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Warrior Dash is coming!

So I learned a valuable lesson last week--make sure your brand new running shoes fit properly on both feet.  Due to new shoes that do not fit correctly (definitely asking for help from the store clerk next time), I got a massive blister on the back of one heel and lost my big toenail on the other foot!  Needless to say, I was out of commission for running for about a week as my poor footsies healed up a bit.

Okay, so switch to different shoes, right?  Maybe--I switched to a pair that is well-broken in and now have blisters on other toes.  Hmmm, maybe shoes just have it out for my poor feet!

BUT are a few blisters going to stop me?  Heck no.  Not when I heard this afternoon that clinics in Haiti are being swamped with more cholera patients.  Not when this running is to raise money to bring water purifying systems into areas where the spread of cholera can be slowed drastically, if not stopped altogether, by access to clean water.

Can you motivate me to run?  Can you sponsor my running, please?  Just click on the "Donate/Sponsor" button above for instructions on how to do so.

P.S. Apparently the only place more humid in the Western Hemisphere day before yesterday than MN was somewhere in a jungle in South America.  We even beat Haiti for humidity levels!  Phew, no wonder my parents said people where they are living called this state "Mini-sauna".  Pretty fitting.  Yet there are certain goofy people who are still running outside in this soupy humid atmosphere, running because they made a commitment and refuse to back down.

Oh come on, won't you sponsor me?  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment